Site_bims is used to collect the data of the location of the crop.
Below are descriptions for each of the columns in site_bims. Columns with * are required. Type is a validated column.
- * site_name: name of the site
- site_long_name: long name of the site.
- * type: type of the location. Valid entries are greenhouse, open field, orchard, seedling block, and retail.
- latitude : the decimal latitude coordinate of the georeference, using positive and negative signs to indicate N and S, respectively.
- longitude: the decimal longitude coordinate of the georeference, using positive and negative signs to indicate E and W, respectively.
- altitude : the altitude (elevation) of the location in meters. If the altitude is only known as a range, enter the average.
- geodetic_datum: the geodetic system on which the geo-reference coordinates are based. For geo-references measured between 1984 and 2010, this will typically be WGS84.
- country: country of the location
- state: state of the location
- region: region of the location
- address: the entire address except the country
- comments: any further comments on the site
- ##property_name: user specified custom columns that should have ## as a prefix. It should match an entry in propery_bims with the type specified as site.